SupportYourLocals Gift Cards
Last update March 29, 2020 11:00
Terms & Conditions
Third Party Payment Providers
- Gift card amounts will be set by the Seller and so will vary. SupportYourLocals (SYL) does not support gift cards of a value higher than GBP£300 or equivalent in local currency.
- The payment transaction is between the Buyer and the Seller. SYL accepts no liability for fraudulent activity made by either the Buyer or the Seller.
- SYL operates on a trust basis. SYL cannot accept any liability should a Seller not deliver on the promise to provide products or services in exchange for the gift card. The Buyer is taking the risk that the Seller may go out of business at which point the gift card will not be redeemable.
- SYL is a service that facilitates the purchase of gift cards for small businesses. Any gift card purchased can be redeemed only at the Seller's specified location.
- The gift card cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash, vouchers or any other item except the standard menu or price list that the Seller's business normally offers. The Buyer should be sure of what products and services are offered by the Seller before purchasing a gift card (e.g. If the business is a barber, it is reasonable that the gift card can be redeemed against any of the standard barber services available on the Seller's price list).
- At the time of purchase, the Buyer should be aware of the gift card validity term. The expiry date will also be visible on the gift card itself.
- All gift cards are digital and will be sent to the Buyer via email once payment is confirmed.
- If SYL ceases to exist this should not affect the validity of any purchased gift cards.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or via a third party payment provider, such as Stripe, PayPal and Venmo.
- When using a third party service you must abide by their terms of service.
- SYL accepts no liability for transactions made by third party payment providers. The Buyer and/or Seller are responsible for any fees incurred when using these services.
Activating gift cards purchased using manual payment method such as Bank Transfer, PayPal, Venmo or any other third party (excluding Stripe).
- Once the Seller receives the funds along with payment reference (customer's email address) it is expected that the Seller will confirm receipt of payment by activating the gift card on the SYL platform as soon as possible. SYL recommends that the gift card is activated by the Seller within 48 hours of receiving payment
- Activating gift cards purchased using Stripe Payments Platform.
- Once a payment is made by debit or credit card, Stripe will confirm this with SYL and the purchased gift card will be automatically activated
- Chargebacks - The Seller reserves the right to nullify the gift card should a chargeback be performed on the Stripe card payment and the Seller can provide proof that this has happened without fair justification
- The Seller has a moral duty to do all in their power to provide the Buyer with products or services that meet the value of the gift card amount. The Seller must offer any of their usual products and services. It is not acceptable to offer only a limited menu of items that can be redeemed with SYL gift cards.
- The Seller must choose an appropriate validity length for gift cards. This is configurable on the Storefront and the minimum term that SYL supports is 36 months.
At SupportYourLocals we are committed to maintaining your privacy.
By accessing this website and submitting your information to us via this website, you are indicating
that you have read, acknowledge and agree to us processing your information as set out herein.
If we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
From Business Owners who will be paid money we hold the following information:
- company name
- email address
For gift card buyers:
We use your information to respond to your enquiries, to fulfill your orders, to update and maintain our records, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you.
What information do we share with others?
SupportYourLocals does not and will not share your information with any other entity.
As a customer purchasing a gift card you will be knowingly supplying your email address to the Business owner.
As a Business owner you will be knowingly providing the customer with your company name, email address and whatever other information you deem neccesary in order for the customer to send you payment
Privacy of children on our website
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 16, and we will not knowingly collect
any information from any person below the age of 16.
We don't use tracking cookies. The only cookies we use are first-party cookies which are required for
this website to function properly.